We are looking for an intern in data analysis for our HQ in Alphen aan den Rijn.
Minimum of 32 hours per week for 4-5 months.
Who are we?
You may have never heard of us before, but it’s very likely we have counted you and you have encountered us. We are market leader when it comes to counting people in retail environments. We build products for retail, shopping centers and stations that count and track people's movement and behaviour. Our systems are installed all over the continent and most of the largest shopping centre’s in the Netherlands and the UK are equipped with our technology. Our clients are spread amongst the retail industry from individual retail stores to large chains, transport hubs, local governments and real-estate investment firms. We count people everywhere and there is much more to come!
What we are looking for
We are offering a challenging internship in a young and dynamic team. You get to work with a huge amount of data and translate this into valuable insights we offer our clients. You will work together with a team of 3 data analysts with a lot of knowledge of the retail real estate market. The insights our team of experts produce are frequently used in the market. This means you are not ‘just an intern’, with us you are part of our team. You will be working on daily activities in which you can improve your data analysing skills.
Besides cameras we use wifi tracking. You must have read all about this is the news recently. It is a hot topic at the moment! With over a million records of data every day, we are talking about big data! To make this data smart, we are looking for smart people! We collect data on visitor numbers, the customer's behaviour in the shop, the routes people take, the duration of stay and repeat visits are just some examples of things you will be working on! Besides measuring, we are able to predict what visitors will be doing at a random time in the future. Can you imagine how much this means for a shopping centre owner? By doing this we create unique insights that directly help our clients to improve their business results. Our clients consist of large real estate investors, national retailers and numerous municipalities.
What will you be doing?
• Based on our data you build new (commercially attractive) insights
• With the help of these insights, you lay a foundation for international discussions with regard to:
o Branching: Which new store formula should be where?
o Rental prices: Can we determine these based on visitor numbers?
o Numerous other issues from the retail and real estate market
What do you bring to the table?
• A bachelor or master study in Informatics / Econometrics / Mathematics / Real Estate / Social Geography or comparable study with a high quantitative capacity
• Creativity, analytical skills, resolution skills and sharpness
• Independence, you are able to organize your own work
• Knowledge and experience Excel / R / SPSS / SQL / PowerBI or similar tools.
What do we offer?
• A startup working environment with quick decision making
• An internship compensation
• An enthusiastic team of analysts who will challenge you and help develop your skills
• Varied and challenging work with impactful results
Up for the challenge? Don't hesitate and apply now! Kindly send your application letter to
Resumes are deleted 4 weeks after the end of the application procedure the latest.