pfm footfall intelligence: people counting, data analysis & interpretation
The Footfall counters provided by PFM Footfall Intelligence count all people coming in and out of a specific area or space. People counting systems can provide enormous amounts of useful information. This quantitative approach provides data that makes it possible to allocate your marketing budget in the most optimal way. Operational and strategic decisions will be made based on solid data. But how does a footfall counter work exactly? Which system matches your location best? Which data will you see in the weekly report? We have thought about all these elements. Counting customers using a system from PFM Footfall Intelligence means consistent and reliable data including comprehensive analyses and interpretation of the results by our data analysts.
Which footfall counter matches your location?
We are broadly experienced in counting customers and have implemented a focus on the following 4 commercial areas: shops, shopping centres, stations and streets. Each market requires a different approach. We realise that, which is why our solution is always tailor-made to the specific location and customer. We supply different packages. This ranges from a simple battery-powered infrared system to a combination of IP camera and state-of-the-art laser technology. In need of a wireless system? No problem. Together we will reach the most appropriate counting solution for your location.
We count in
Over 35.000 shops
Footfall counting to increase conversion ratio and optimise store performance
The collected data is the foundation of our service. The provided data allows you to make meaningful and grounded decisions about for example the allocation of staff or the improvement of the product portfolio and customer service and so on. These are important elements with regard to the increase in conversion rate and the most optimal store performance. Footfall data helps understand:
- The amount of customers at a certain location and time
- The routes customers take
- Where physical frictions arise
- The effectiveness of promotional campaigns
All this data allows you to make the most of in-store traffic data to increase conversion rates.
Count customers discretely, accurately and reliably
The footfall counters of PFM Footfall Intelligence help you to map the amount of customers that enter and leave your location in a safe and in a reliable way. The real-time analyses and understanding of customer data provide the opportunity to predict the expected customers in a certain period. These predictions are 80 – 95% accurate. Use this data to optimise business decisions and, in turn, boost store performance and profits. All data is checked on a daily basis, safely transferred and visible in a clear weekly dashboard.
How our footfall counters work
We have a number of different approaches when it comes to counting footfall. We use a variety of people counting devices at every entrance of a commercial area. This can be the entrance of your shop or shopping centre, station or in a shopping street (or city). We take a technology-agnostic approach when offering you our solutions. We can count footfall in every area, location or situation using one of the following counting devices:
• Infrared beam counters can be used in any in- or outdoor location and will capture incoming and outgoing footfall. These counters are placed at the entrance of your shop as horizontal beams.
• Thermal counters are known to be very reliable and are more than 96% accurate. They are also positioned at the entrance of your shop but are placed on the ceiling. Thermal counters recognise people by their body heat profile. Counting occurs bi-directionally. It doesn’t matter if a person is passing by alone or in a group. This way of counting is perfect for leisure and retail industries. One of the main advantages of thermal counters is that they are not affected by light, heat or inanimate objects. On top of this, their non-intrusive character is definitely a plus.
• 3D stereoscopic counters are all about depth perception. It doesn’t matter how many people are entering the location at the same time, depth information allows to differentiate groups of people as separate entities.
• Wi-Fi / Bluetooth counters pick up the MAC address of visitors with a Wi-Fi / Bluetooth enabled device on them. The location of people can be estimated accurately using the strength of the signal.
We are well aware that every location is different. For that reason we offer tailor made solutions suitable for your location and needs. Our team of data analysts will discuss the best possible counting solution for you. After data collection, we interpret and analyse the data so you are able to make effective and smart business decisions that increase conversion rates and profit.
Ready for you footfall counter?
Curious to see what we can do for your location? Contact us through +44 7771 642181 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to provide all the insights and information needed to make the best strategic and operational decisions. When it comes to counting and analysing customer data, we are your experienced consultancy partner. You can count on us!